- variable in cm range
- Aluminium HTS 6.5, used in the aircraft industry
- LEKI Trigger Shark 2.0 (2-Component)
- LEKI Trigger Shark Clip System
- Tip/Pole end:
- LEKI hardened Speed roller tip
- Pole lenghts:
- 145cm to 180cm / 5cm intervals
The LEKI Alu Vario CC is an aluminium pole that can be adjusted to various lengths. This comes handy when different people use the same poles or when you adjust the pole lenghts to your growing Cross Skating skills.
The locking components are of high quality and can endure pressure up to 140kg. LEKI is one of the leading companies when it comes to ski and nordic walking poles and their experience is integrated in the LEKI Alu Vario CC as well.
This LEKI pole comes with the LEKI Speed tip.
Another advantage of these poles is the use of the Trigger Shark system. It allows you to connect and disconnect easily with your poles at any time. A maximum of flexibility and power transfer are the result of this innovative system. For colder days, LEKI also offers gloves that work with the Trigger Shark system.
Proper pole length for skating
This is a calculated value. You can choose poles that differ by +3cm or -3cm.
You should / could order longer poles than the chart shows if you:
- have a lot of strength in your arms
- have a very flexible shoulder area
- tend to have your body rather straight while pushing off with the poles
- are experienced and use the poles very precisely
- plan to skate mostly on roads or easy off-road surfaces
- intend to have a very high intensive workout with a higher heart rate
You should / could order smaller poles than the chart shows if you:
- lack strength in your arms
- lack flexibility in your shoulder area
- tend to bend down low when pushing off with the poles
- plan to go off-road cross skating often
Poles with variable length
Some Nordic Skating poles are variable in length (e.g LEKI BLADE VARIO). They are very helpful for pinning down the pole length which best suits you. But make sure you have good quality poles, as variable poles, lacking good fixation, can be the cause of injury.